Saturday 27 July 2013

Gromit spotting in Bristol

Isambark Kingdog Brunel
Stepping out of the majestic Bristol Temple Meads station I was tickled to be greeted by this fellow - Isambark Kingdog Brunel.

But I was soon rather perplexed as I spied a second one as I made my way towards Clifton on the number 8 bus. Then another particularly bling Gromit emerged as I rounded the corner to Colston Hall.

It seems Gromit has been unleashed, and you can find him all dressed up and all over Bristol throughout the summer.

Gromit Unleashed is an art trail of 80 larger-than-life Gromits painted by various invited artists

These gorgeously decorated Gromits have bounded all over Bristol and will be there for you to find until Sunday 8th September. There's even a Detect-O-Gromit app for you to log photos of the Gromits you spot. Or for the old school amongst you, you can pick-up a Gromit Unleashed passport and get it stamped at six locations across the city.

And when the trail comes to an end, the sculptures will be auctioned off in aid of The Grand Appeal at Bristol Children’s Hospital Charity.  

How many have you found so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment