Friday 7 October 2011

New beginnings

Just six weeks ago I stood on the other side of the world, breathing in South American air against a backdrop of the majestic snow-capped Andes. Back in Britain, those Chilean Adventures begin to feel like a distant dream. Time plays tricks on me as the before and after of my life in Birmingham begin to fuse together and seal over the magic bubble that was my year in Chile.

It almost seems unreal, but flicking through the pages of my Chilean Adventures is like pinching myself, reminding me that it's these eyes that were lucky enough to witness all those spectacular sights.

But the time has come for new beginnings, and I find myself looking at a familiar world with fresh eyes. I discover that in ten years of making Birmingham my home, there are so many corners of the city I have never explored. So it's time for a new blog and to treat my native land as I did my adopted home of Chile - with just one chance to see as much of it as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment